Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend update


My whole family ran the Holy Cross Elementary run on Saturday morning. We had a great time. It was an inaugural event, and it was very well attended. My family did the 10K event, and I ran with 3 of our four daughters. Lisa ran with our oldest daughter. Our friend Laura ran the 10K, also. She recently passed her certification to become a running coach - she's awesome. I bet during this 10K event, Laura ran 15K. She runs up and down the course, giving everyone instructions and helpful pointers about how they can improve their performance. I even saw her giving out waters at an aid station. Her love of running is so inspiring.


We biked earlier today, leaving at 2:00. We rode about 34 miles, out and back. I'm not joking - we had a head wind both ways. Okay - maybe it was a cross wind, but it felt like a head wind. Here's a picture of us before we left. Notice the smiles - they didn't last long.



Worked at the house the rest of the weekend. I'm working on our shower right now - spent most of the weekend on my knees, tiling the floor of the shower. My "hair pants" have holes in the knees!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, the wind in the south was a killer this weekend. i was in houston/austin doing the ms150, and we rode all freaking 160 miles against 25mph winds. amazing.

Anonymous said...

so when are you gonna shave?

xo carla

TriCajun said...

Great job on the ride, Curly Su. I haven't decided if I will shave, Carla - I don't know what's worse, skinny hairy legs or skinny shaved legs.

SimplyStu said...

Time do de-hair! :)

Anonymous said...

cha - it's all about the arms and you have those, so don't worry about revealing hairless legs - and lord knows you have enough women in your house to coach you on the art of leg shaving...

Sweet said...

I'm completely rennovating our first fixer-upper house.

I take the binge approach. Go nuts with projects in the fall off-tri months and then try to finish up during the season.

That only sorta works!

Reminds me that I need to do a post with home rennovation before/after pictures soon.